Meditalents organizes its third Mediterranean Co-production Forum open to director-producer pairs from the Mediterranean with a first or second feature film project in development or preproduction.
This Forum will be held in partnership with Aflam / Rencontres Internationales de Cinéma, the association l’association Les Producteurs Audiovisuels de la Région Sud and La Belle Equipe, the association of fiction screenwriters of the Southern Region. It is hosted in the Southern Region, in Marseille, the second region of France for the hosting of shootings in France.
It offers professionals from both shores of the Mediterranean to explore together, with invited French and international producers, distributors and support funds, the possibilities of artistic, financial or technical co-productions of their projects, in order to optimize their financing and their future distribution channels.
To be eligible, projects must meet the criteria below:
- Be produced by a Mediterranean producer who is the assignee of all exploitation rights,
- Be directed by a filmmaker from a Mediterranean country,
- Be a first or second feature film, fiction or documentary,
- Be in the development or pre-production phase,
- The author of the project must have previously directed two short films or a feature film.
A committee will select a maximum of 10 projects. Its selection criteria, in addition to the eligibility criteria, will be:
- The artistic quality of the project,
- The feasibility of the project,
- The production file,
- Links with the Mediterranean.
The selected projects’ teams will be able to meet producers, international distributors and financing funds invited during individual meetings.
They will present their projects in front of the professionals and the jury of the Southern Region Prize which will be awarded to the producer(s) of the project(s) in the form of a development award of 20.000€, (the jury may choose to select two projects, this amount will then be split) on the same criteria as above. The award will be paid to the producer or co-producer of the film established in France, who may enter into co-production after the awarding of the prize.
Applications must be submitted by mail in PDF format in French or English in a single file and include:
- Synopsis (500 words maximum)
- Treatment (10 pages maximum)
- The script of the film (if available)
- Director’s Note of Intent (1-2 pages maximum)
- Director and Producer Biography and Photos
- Filmography of the director with links (vimeo, etc.) and indicating, if applicable, the selections et festivals
- Profile of the production company
- Production and Coproduction Intent Note
- Estimated budget (in Euros)
- Financing plan (in Euros) with the financing already acquired
- Project Schedule
- Copies of financial agreements and/or note of intent from financial partners (if available)
- Copies of coproduction agreements already established (if available)
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS OR ANY APPLICATION IN ANOTHER FORMAT THAN ONE UNIQUE PDF FILE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Applications should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
Applications will close on February 4, 2021 at midnight GMT.
The final selection will be announced on February 24, 2021. For each selected project, the director and the producer, i.e. 2 persons’ accommodations and travels per project will be taken care of.
The selected team will have to commit to:
- Attend the entire Coproduction Forum,
- Send two weeks before the Coproduction Forum, a complete updated production file as well as the supports to be used during the project presentations (it is strongly advised to present a trailer of about 3 minutes),
- Put the Meditalents logo in the credits at the end of the film, with the phrase: “Selected at Meditalents 2021, Mediterranean Coproduction Forum” + IF and Southern Region logo
Meditalents supports the development of first and second film projects by Mediterranean filmmakers (For more infos : www.meditalents.net).
Aflam’ Rencontres internationales de cinéma will take place from March 30 to April 5, 2020 in Marseille.